Sunday, March 22, 2009

Media Literacy

Not a single person can fully comprehend how much, exactly, we are influenced by the media. Influence is deeply hidden in the all of the adds we see, the clothes we buy, how common tasks are viewed and how we raise our families. I believe it is important to at least become comfortable with the idea that... we can not entirely convince ourselves.

When wikipedia'ing media literacy:
Media literacy is the process of accessing, analyzing, evaluating and creating messages in a wide variety of media modes, genres and forms.

It's important to at least realize that there is some level of influence with everything we may watch or hear. It is a matter of controlling how much of that personally influences you. 'Rising above', I guess would be the best advice.

An example of the influential media would be a video, such as this:


I think that if I loved Chris Brown enough, I would have had to purchase some double-mint gum ASAP. I chose this video not only for its influence, but for it's feedback. Check out the responses below! Perfect examples of how one may be influenced by such a simple add.

No comments:

Post a Comment